Do Comments in a ticket feed send out email notifications?

I have attached a screenshot of a ticket feed.  I'd like to understand when email notifications are sent and how can I tell when an email is sent from looking at the Feed.

I may be wrong be I only thought an email went out when I saw the "Notified: ... " below the comment.  My technician thinks emails go out on all the comments that are in grey on the screenshot.  Can you let us know the answer?

Also please answer the following:

1. How can I tell when an email notification is sent from looking at the Feed? 

2. Does commenting on a ticket (as shown in the screenshot) send out email notifications?

3. If a feed item has "Notified:..." below it does that means an email notification was sent?  If a comment does not have this "Notified: ..." indicator does that mean an email is NOT sent.

Thanks for the clarification,

Janet

Asked by Janet Moore on Tue 7/28/20 1:36 PM
Sign In to leave feedback or contribute an answer

Answers (2)

This answer has been marked as the accepted answer
Mark SayersTue 7/28/20 3:55 PM

1. How can I tell when an email notification is sent from looking at the Feed on the ticket?  : A root level comment will have an indicator, like you mentioned, where it says "Notified" and lists all who were notified. A "reply" to a root level comment will *only* notify those who have already replied to that root level comment. If a reply is the first reply to that comment, then only the original post's creator will be notified (unless that is the same person as the one posting the reply)

All other responses in the thread will only notify the person(s) who have interacted/replied to the thread above them (excluding always the person who is posting the reply, the person posting a reply to a comment thread will never be able to notify themselves).

2. Does commenting on a ticket in TDNext (as shown in the screenshot) send out email notifications?  : At the root level, only if someone is selected to be notified OR if the ticketing app is configured so the responsible person/group is always notified of comments. For replies to root level comments, see my answer to 1.

3. If a feed item has "Notified:..." below it does that means an email notification was sent? If a comment does not have this "Notified: ..." indicator does that mean an email is NOT sent  : It depends on where the comment is posted. See my answers to 1. and 2.

No feedback

Mark SayersTue 7/28/20 3:45 PM

Hello Janet,

I think all of these questions are answered by this KB article: https://solutions.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/1965/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=566

Please let me know if the example described there does not cover all of your questions.

Sincerely,
Mark Sayers
TDX Application Support

No feedback