Questions

workflow Clear Tag Filter

Workflow Notifications not sending

So I have this test workflow, and I am setting it up to continually send out a notification until the client responds the logic is
1. ticket will goto hold
2. a condition is tested to see if the ticket did goto hold
a. If tick...
1 Answer
Andrey Little Last activity on 9/22/2020 9:56:35 AM by Caitlin Baer

Workflow requester notification w/o tdnext license

Hello,
I'm trying to notify the requestor with a custom notification via a workflow. I read that you need to be a tdnext user in order to get notifications from workflows. Is there a way around this, where I am protecting the tickets in TDn...
2 Answers
Jamie Luckett Last activity on 8/17/2020 11:44:31 AM by Christopher Wagner

Reassign Responsibility of ticket in Workflow

Is there a way to reassign the "Responsibility" attribute for a ticket working it's way through the work flow? Let's say that if the requester meets a specific condition reassign the responsible party to another person?
1 Answer
Dallin Cawley Last activity on 8/10/2020 4:08:09 PM by Mark Sayers

Workflow Notifications Not Showing Feed

Why are workflow notifications not shown in the Feed of the ticket? I would like to see evidence that the notification was sent and who it was sent to.
2 Answers
Thomas Stockwell Last activity on 7/30/2020 11:47:10 AM by Thomas Stockwell

WebAPI method Parameters From workflow

Is it possible to use the web API to set an attribute value based on a choice made in a previous workflow step?

I know we can pull parameters "From Workflow" but I am not sure how to access my choice or to see the value chosen...
1 Answer
Harrison Dragoo Last activity on 7/10/2020 3:02:30 PM by Mark Sayers

Workflow stopping unexpectedly

Trying to troubleshoot a workflow & have a couple of questions:
1. Can workflow be confused if steps from different Stages are run at the same time?
2. I understand there can be issues with two web services that may run at the same ...
1 Answer
David Durling Last activity on 6/22/2020 3:20:14 PM by Mark Sayers

Web Service Call Wait time

Is there a reason why performing a web service call takes 5 minuets? I have one set up to place a comment on a ticket but it takes forever before it actually completes.
1 Answer
Harrison Dragoo Last activity on 5/19/2020 8:21:14 AM by William Cochran

Referencing a custom attribute choice in web services post

This is sort of a followup to https://solutions.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/1965/Portal/Forums/Questions/Details?ID=114891 , which works for me on text fields, but I can't get to work with choices on selection fields.
I have a workflow/web ser...
1 Answer
David Durling Last activity on 4/21/2020 2:18:29 PM by Mark Sayers

Workflows with Incident Requests

Our default form is an incident form and I am currently using a webhook in Slack that ties to an automated workflow in TDX so whenever an incident comes in we get notified in a channel. I just noticed an annoyance that it switches all the inciden...
1 Answer
Kevin Ferguson Last activity on 3/5/2020 7:26:11 PM by Kevin Ferguson

Automatically Change Ticket Status after Task is Completed or Automatically Add Task at a Specific Status

With tickets, is it possible to do one or both of these via workflow and/or automation rules or some other way?
1. Automatically add a task once a ticket reaches a certain status. This would not be at ticket creation but after we have alrea...
1 Answer
Andrea McClain Last activity on 2/21/2020 12:29:57 PM by Mark Sayers

workflows & application to tickets

This may be answered already, and if so, I'm having trouble finding the answer.
I was asked by a colleague about tickets that don't consistently get workflows applied to them. From what I can tell, the workflow requires 4 criteria, and when t...
1 Answer
Becky Klein Last activity on 2/20/2020 10:26:20 AM by Mark Sayers

Auto Resend Notification

Is there a way in a work flow to auto resend a notification if an approval has had no action taken for a specific amount of time?
1 Answer
Harrison Dragoo Last activity on 2/12/2020 4:56:06 PM by Mark Sayers

Multiple Conditions and Web Service Steps

Currently we have a workflow with 5 conditions and each is followed by a web service to PATCH the ticket. The condition/web service pairs cannot run concurrently the web services will interrupt each other and not complete. There is also 5 minut...
2 Answers
Scott Cory Last activity on 1/8/2020 11:54:10 AM by Mark Sayers

Ticket Workflow Questions - Conditional Steps, Notification Steps, Automation Rules

Our organization is in the process of migrating to TeamDynamix and I would like to leverage the Ticketing App’s Forms and Workflows to replace a custom SharePoint List/Workflow process I’ve developed. Let me set the stage.

1 Answer
Andy Spaccio Last activity on 11/19/2019 1:32:01 PM by Mark Sayers

Report based on approved workflow

Is there a way in a report to show only the tickets that have been both "Approved" in an approval step and the workflow ended with an approve?
1 Answer
Kevin Beattie Last activity on 11/5/2019 5:31:42 PM by Marcus Demas

Running multiple web services workflow steps at the same time

If multiple web services steps run at the same time in a workflow, the workflow seems to only recognize that one of them has been completed. For instance, if you have a collector step waiting for some web services steps that run simultaneously, ...
1 Answer
David Durling Last activity on 9/20/2019 9:10:17 AM by Mark Sayers

Workflow notification reply

Hello,
We are starting to use the new notification step in many of our workflows, however, I have functionality question. When a requestor receives the email is there anyway for them to respond to that email that will route the response in to...
3 Answers
Kevin Beattie Last activity on 9/12/2019 4:14:46 PM by Kevin Beattie

Can a ticket have 2 work flows?

I have a service that assigns a work flow to a ticket. I wanted to know when ticket is created with a work flow can another work flow be added to it or would that remove the original work flow?
1 Answer
Alex Oquendo Last activity on 8/7/2019 8:38:48 AM by Caitlin Baer

Custom Attributes in a Notification

We have added a notification in our workflow for our directory services. However some of the custom attributes are not showing in the email. The attributes are are client visible, but still not showing.
1 Answer
Denise Nelson Last activity on 7/1/2019 3:27:44 PM by Mark Sayers

Approval Workflow Question

We are trying to make a purchasing WF. Essentially the Requester submits the purchasing request > IT Purchasing gets a task to provide a quote > Approval - this is where we get stuck. The Requester's manager isn't always the budget approver...
1 Answer
David Mitchell Last activity on 3/6/2019 10:17:30 AM by Caitlin Baer

Ticket Workflow Approval Step requiring 2 votes to approve went to next step with only 1 vote

I'm in the process of creating a new workflow. It contains an approval step using Vote approval mode. It requires 2 votes to approve and 1 to reject. In my test the ticket was assigned to a responsible group but did not have a responsible indi...
3 Answers
Kimberly Lawrence Last activity on 1/13/2019 9:20:08 PM by Kimberly Lawrence

How Task notifications work in ticket workflow

There are a few other Question entries related to this, but wanted to clarify for Tasks in workflow specifically:
In a ticket workflow we're testing, it appears that the workflow only notifies one member of the group a task is assigned to. (...
5 Answers
David Durling Last activity on 10/30/2018 1:30:42 PM by David Durling

conditional workflow step Issue

We are experiencing an issue with conditional workflow steps flowing into a collector. It appears that the collector step is waiting for a “Review Other Access” task step to be completed even though the condition was not met and went ...
1 Answer
Mark Sayers Last activity on 7/2/2018 4:54:47 PM by Mark Sayers

Workflow Approvals for Customers

I am trying to build an expense request form workflow. Is there a way to associate Customers as a "reports to" association for other Customers? Or, do all parties with approval authority need to be an application User?
1 Answer
Mark Sayers Last activity on 6/23/2017 3:10:11 PM by Mark Sayers

Service Requests tied to a workflow get classification changed to "Change"

Hi all,
I have a process that starts out at the Service Catalog, then via automation rules is being assigned to one of two workflows. For some reason I can't figure out, the tickets are being changed from "Service Request" (the cla...
2 Answers
Paul Chauvet Last activity on 2/10/2017 2:35:09 PM by Paul Chauvet

Additional Resources