Questions

Reports not emailing

I have 8 reports scheduled to send every Sunday morning. Some weeks I get one or two, some weeks I get none. All of the reports have been configured to send weekly at 8:00 am on Sundays.I need to figure out why they are not all sending.
2 Answers
Melanie Jones Last activity on 8/3/2020 12:22:41 PM by Mark Sayers

Automating Ticket Type Based on Form Question

Is it possible to have a ticket type based on the answer a user gives on a question on our form? We have a new form that has a question to identify what the client needs and each of the answers results in the ticket being classified as a differen...
1 Answer
Jodie Reminder Last activity on 8/3/2020 9:54:25 AM by Mark Sayers

Workflow Condition Step - I don't see the Requestor's Manager or the Approver Role(s)

Hello, I am trying to check if the Requestor's Manager equals to a name on a custom attribute. For an Approval step, I can choose the Requestor's Manager for Approver Role(s). However, this is not available as a column for a Condition step. Is ...
2 Answers
Edith Murillo Last activity on 7/31/2020 4:57:32 PM by Mark Sayers

Creating a Ticketing Application

Creating a ticketing application requires a selection of the require field "Purpose". Is there a place to add/change/remove the elements on that list so that it more closely aligns with our organizational structure?
1 Answer
Jack Gallemore Last activity on 7/31/2020 3:56:09 PM by Mark Sayers

Can you add Acct/Dept field to email notifications?

I do not see the Acct/Dept field on the list of fields in the Insert Template Tags. Since it is a canned (not custom) field it should be at the top of the list.
1 Answer
Janet Moore Last activity on 7/27/2020 3:33:37 PM by Janet Moore

Workflow Notifications Not Showing Feed

Why are workflow notifications not shown in the Feed of the ticket? I would like to see evidence that the notification was sent and who it was sent to.
2 Answers
Thomas Stockwell Last activity on 7/30/2020 11:47:10 AM by Thomas Stockwell

How to bulk load 420 users to a group?

We have a person that needs to have 420 people have access to specific KBs thus they need to be in a specific group. Is there a way to do this with a bulk load? It would take a long time to add 420 people manually to a group.
1 Answer
Janet Moore Last activity on 7/29/2020 12:23:42 PM by Mark Sayers

Filtering Tickets Based on Their Current Not Completed Activities

Greetings,
Is there a way I could filter tickets based on current activities that are not complete listed in the ticket?
Thank you!
1 Answer
David Pajarillo Last activity on 7/28/2020 5:00:46 PM by Mark Sayers

Filtering the survey email by groups

Is it possible to not have a ticket survey sent out if the ticket is assigned to a particular group? Essentially, there is one ticketing group (among many) and we would like it if the survey would not go out when they resolve a ticket.
Can th...
2 Answers
Brian Hutzler Last activity on 8/3/2020 11:30:45 AM by Brian Hutzler

Do Comments in a ticket feed send out email notifications?

I have attached a screenshot of a ticket feed. I'd like to understand when email notifications are sent and how can I tell when an email is sent from looking at the Feed.
I may be wrong be I only thought an email went out when I saw the &quo...
2 Answers
Janet Moore Last activity on 7/28/2020 3:55:41 PM by Mark Sayers

Autogenerating Project Requests

Hi,

Does TD have the capability to auto-generate project requests?

I'm thinking of something along the lines of maintenance PM systems where future work orders are created in advance.

Thanks.

-Dana
1 Answer
Dana Miller Last activity on 7/28/2020 3:09:13 PM by Mark Sayers

Use of Systems Affected in Project

Hi,

We are looking at methods to associate assets with projects and I'm trying to find documentation about using the
"Systems Affected" section of projects.

Can you please steer me towards some documentation or use cases.
1 Answer
Dana Miller Last activity on 7/28/2020 1:23:00 PM by Mark Sayers

Reporting: all tickets updated by a particular technician within a date range

Hi, folks. I'm looking to do some analysis on the number of tickets updated/edited by a particular technician with a date range. I've looked at modified, modified by, responded by and responded by date but these seem to only show the *last* mod...
1 Answer
Victoria Green Last activity on 7/28/2020 10:13:58 AM by Mark Sayers

Can an attribute be re-used within the same service form?

Can an attribute be re-used within the same service form -- such as adding location to different areas of the form?
1 Answer
Lori Scanlan Last activity on 7/27/2020 4:34:56 PM by Mark Sayers

Workflow Closing Tickets Notification

Greetings,
Is there a way to stop the resolution message from going out when a ticket is auto-closed from a workflow?
It's just an odd message and is confusing some people:
Your ticket ( #14349050 ) has been updated by SAAS Production...
1 Answer
Jonathan Graves Last activity on 7/27/2020 10:31:20 AM by Mark Sayers

Operational Hours and Ticket Creation?

Is there a way to determine if a ticket is created during "Operational Hours". The use case we are trying to solve is:
The Technology Support Desk SLAs do not use operational hours The Technology Support Desk is closed from 12...
1 Answer
Tevis Boulware Last activity on 7/24/2020 3:15:00 PM by Mark Sayers

Email Monitor Profile Could Not Be Activated

I'm trying to activate my email monitor for my ticket application but I keep on getting the following:

I am trying to use an email that is on our on-prem Exchange server and has IMAP enabled and am currently testing an O365 email. I hav...
1 Answer
Dan Olivas Last activity on 7/24/2020 12:03:26 PM by Mark Sayers

Workspace and Project Plan

Hi when setting up a personal workspace, there was an option to select a project plan template, however it is not visible in my workspace. Is it possible to add a project plan to a workspace? If not, what is the recommended approach for creating...
1 Answer
Kathleen Flaherty Last activity on 7/23/2020 1:36:09 PM by Mark Sayers

How do I add the report Name and Description in the report?

I have a lot of information in the report and I would like to have the title of the report and the description appear in a pdf of the report. I can't seem to figure out how. Thanks.
1 Answer
Marie Carianna Last activity on 7/22/2020 1:57:11 PM by Mark Sayers

Searchable Attachments

Does TD allow someone to search an attachment title? If the attachment is in a KB article?
1 Answer
Luisa Silva Last activity on 7/22/2020 11:46:43 AM by Mark Sayers

Workflow Conditions

Is it possible to build a workflow based on a condition? If so, is there a way of manipulating the condition to look at what the string starts with?
3 Answers
Tyler Duncan Last activity on 7/21/2020 4:46:58 PM by Tyler Duncan

Editting Rights

I have a user that is not getting access to edit knowledge base articles. I have attached their ticketing app security role settings. Am I missing something?
4 Answers
Alex Oquendo Last activity on 8/4/2020 5:37:03 AM by Alex Oquendo

Web API: How to move 700 Tasks from one Project/Plan to another

Hi there,
How can I use the Web API to move 700 archived Tasks to another Project/Plan? Or is there another way to do it without using the API?
I used the Backlog Manager to manually move some Tasks, but that would take 2 weeks if I do 70...
1 Answer
Juswaldy Jusman Last activity on 7/20/2020 3:00:06 PM by Mark Sayers

TDX/Teams Integration

I'm trying to test this out in our Sandbox/MS Test environment. I downloaded the app, installed it and setup the integration with the Azure tenant ID in the admin interface. I can find and add the app in Teams but whenever I search for somethin...
1 Answer
Danee Gunka Schwartz Last activity on 7/20/2020 2:19:21 PM by Mark Sayers

List of unassociated people in ticket filter, reports

I have a list of people's names. I want to see if any of them have requested any tickets that are still active. It seems that if I use the ticket filter or reports, I have to search for each name individually to use in the filter/report. Is there...
1 Answer
Greg Van De Mark Last activity on 7/15/2020 3:16:46 PM by Mark Sayers

Additional Resources

Popular Tags