Questions

How to remove form dependencies

I hate to ask this because I'm sure it's going to be something easy I'm overlooking.
How do you remove dependencies from a form? I added one during testing but I can't figure out how to get rid of it. I can't delete it in Attribute Dependenc...
0 Answers
David Levenseller Last activity on 11/26/2021 4:12:40 PM by David Levenseller

Can you make time types required?

One of our clients requested a new service to be built and is wondering if it is possible to make entering time types required? I have never seen this before, but just wanted to confirm.
1 Answer
Gabriela Barragan Last activity on 11/23/2021 9:21:50 AM by Mark Sayers

Time Report Reminder email coming from different account

Our Time Report Reminders used to come from "TeamDyanmix Alerts - notify@teamdynamixapp.com" but recently they are coming from an internal email address "YSU_IT_Services@ysu.edu - YSU_IT_Services@ysu.edu".
Could it be from the changeover to ...
1 Answer
Michael Zupcsan Last activity on 11/22/2021 3:49:53 PM by Mark Sayers

Security for Closing Projects

We have noticed that users have access to close projects from the Actions button on the project. How is the security for that determined? We thought projects could only be closed from Admin.
1 Answer
Rachel Renckly Last activity on 11/22/2021 11:12:37 AM by Mark Sayers

Capturing PPM Workflow Step Name in the Request Step Responsibility notification

Is it possible to capture the workflow Step Name in the Request Step Responsibility notification? If so, how?

Thanks!
6 Answers
Billie Herman Last activity on 11/23/2021 12:08:41 PM by Billie Herman

How are user stories used when managing tasks on card walls?

I see the option to set a task as a story but I am not clear what this does. I would like to use a user story as the master for a set of tasks (not sub-tasks) but I can't see how to do this. I would like resources to add the time worked on a task...
1 Answer
Lorie Clay Last activity on 11/19/2021 4:55:23 PM by Mark Sayers

Exported Configurations

Yesterday I exported a workflow configuration from our Sandbox which appeared to be successful. Today when I went to import it into Production, the export longer exists. Where are these exports saved to?
2 Answers
Scott Cory Last activity on 11/18/2021 2:03:57 PM by Scott Cory

Tickets Not Required On Tickets

Is it possible to make it so a comment is not required when updating a ticket? There are many times, for instance changing the status, when a comment is not required, such as marking a ticket s in process.

Thanks,
Josh
1 Answer
Joshua Peluso Last activity on 11/17/2021 3:50:00 PM by Mark Sayers

Workflow Tickets for Other Applications

I want to create a workflow for office moves.
The request is placed in the Facility Operations application
The head of Facility Operations (FO) approves or rejects
If approved, the manager of FO has a choice to create tickets for oth...
1 Answer
Terri Edney Last activity on 11/16/2021 11:10:58 AM by Mark Sayers

Local authentication gone?

We have users that log into TDNext directly via https://www.teamdynamix.com/tdx-application-login/ . Now that it's been discontinued, How do I find the URL to log in directly (Not go through our Okta authentication)?
1 Answer
Kyle Bedwell Last activity on 11/15/2021 10:47:28 AM by Mark Sayers

Time Report Due Alert Notification

Hi, this morning we all received the Time Report Due Notification, however several users had correctly submitted their time report last Friday and when we go into Time Reporting, it is in submitted status and does not let you re-submit. How do I...
1 Answer
Kathleen Flaherty Last activity on 11/15/2021 10:23:22 AM by Mark Sayers

Add KB Approval Access

Where do I give access to colleagues of different roles access to approve KB Articles? I do not see Reveiw All Articles anywhere and I have been through pages of TDX KB articles and my TDX Admin area. Thanks for any direction!
1 Answer
Jayne Dissette Last activity on 11/11/2021 3:07:57 PM by Mark Sayers

Manage Group

I am in preview tenant testing the new feature that allows users to modify groups they manage. I gave an existing Security Role the permission, "Modify My Managed" groups. This turned on the Groups page for the user. The user can see th...
1 Answer
Bobby Jones Last activity on 11/11/2021 2:09:40 PM by Mark Sayers

View My Request - Public Form

We have a department using a public form that is submitted by requestors not in our People database. They are non-authenticated users and we are wondering if there is a way for them to still view their service requests?
The links being sent...
2 Answers
Scott Cory Last activity on 11/15/2021 2:44:38 PM by Scott Cory

Change requested role once a project is started

Is it possible to Change a requested role once a project is started in the resources tab?
1 Answer
David Marcinkowski Last activity on 11/10/2021 3:04:44 PM by Mark Sayers

Viewing ticket attachments

I have a user with an enterprise license, who is unable to open attachments on a ticket. I have looked at the security roles and I do not see anything regarding this.
Where can I find this in security roles?
1 Answer
Mathew Chandler Last activity on 11/10/2021 1:34:09 PM by Mark Sayers

Ticketing email monitor error

Hi there,
This week, our ticketing email monitor has been getting random errors that prevented the ticket from being created. It fixes itself after a while. Is this something to do with our email server? Below is the error:

Thanks, ...
1 Answer
Jack Chou Last activity on 11/10/2021 1:28:12 PM by Mark Sayers

Making requests stand out in TeamDynamix

This question was asked by one of our clients: "We recently had a type of request that we would like to explore flagging it red, or with blinking lights, or something more to make it stand out. I don't know if we have this option in TDx but ...
1 Answer
Gabriela Barragan Last activity on 11/9/2021 9:55:24 AM by Mark Sayers

Attachment history/records

I know that if a user deletes a new file or current file on a request it is not logged in the feed like the other actions taken on a given request. Is the deletion/upload of a new file on a request recorded somewhere else in TeamDynamix?
1 Answer
Gabriela Barragan Last activity on 11/9/2021 9:33:15 AM by Mark Sayers

New User Creation - Password question

Hi,
In creating a new user a password is required. We have SSO set up and so I would like to know how to handle the PW.

Thank you.
Ellen
1 Answer
Ellen Serrano Last activity on 11/8/2021 2:17:40 PM by Mark Sayers

Sandbox time of unavailability for upgrade on 11/12/21

After watching the new release webinar last week it was mentioned that Sandbox will be unavailable on 11/12/21 (This Friday) to prepare for the update on 11/13/21. Is there a specific amount of time Sandbox will be unavailable this upcoming Frida...
1 Answer
Gabriela Barragan Last activity on 11/8/2021 1:21:30 PM by Mark Sayers

Mail Monitor not throwing error, yet not adding important attachments to ticket.

Hello,
We have a mail monitor set up with allow attachments enabled. Looking at your website file extension .xlsm are not supported and thus throws the warning in the mail monitor logs: "Error uploading attachment, WS returned: -1: The p...
1 Answer
Ryan Ranly Last activity on 11/5/2021 2:47:11 PM by Mark Sayers

Frequency of Unsuccessful Emails

Since the update to the Email replies, the reduction in Unsuccessful email replies has dropped dramatically, which is a good thing. However, I am not sure I understand the frequency of the processing of unsuccessful emails. I check the Unsucces...
1 Answer
Tevis Boulware Last activity on 11/5/2021 12:01:33 PM by Mark Sayers

email monitor error

Hello,
Some of our email monitors are getting the following error consistently since yesterday:
Unable to initialize drain operation for email monitor [<monitorID>]. Drain will be attempted on the next cycle.
I searched the know...
1 Answer
Pamela Jordan Last activity on 11/5/2021 9:10:31 AM by Mark Sayers

Creation of Another Email Account for Email to Ticket Creation

We currently two email accounts, one for email replies and another for the email server. We would like to configure email services for ticket creation. Will we need to create another email account or can one of the two accounts already created be...
1 Answer
Derrick Hargrove Last activity on 11/4/2021 4:21:58 PM by Mark Sayers

Additional Resources

Popular Tags